Terms and conditions
Terms and conditions of the Museums at Night 2016 photo competition
- This competition is not open to employees of Culture24 or their families
- All entrants must include contact details or their entry will be discarded
- The winners will be informed within a week of the competition ending
- This competition is free to enter, no purchase is necessary
- The prize must be taken as stated, cannot be deferred, and there is no cash alternative
- All images must be from Museums at Night 2016 festival events
I have the right to share this image and agree that by doing so I am giving Culture24 permission to share the image, with attribution, in the context of promoting the Museums at Night festival.
Museums at Night is managed and published by Culture24, a registered charity (referred to as ‘we’ below). Our registered office is Office 4, 28 Kensington Street, Brighton, BN1 4AJ. Culture24 can be contacted by phone on 01273 623266, or by email on email@example.com. This page was last updated on 28 April 2016.
Using Museums at Night
Museums at Night is maintained and published for your personal use and for use in educational settings.
You agree to use this site only for lawful purposes, and in a manner that does not infringe the rights of, or restrict or inhibit the use and enjoyment of, this site by any third party.
We aim to update our site regularly, and may change the content at any time.
Linking to and from Museums at Night
We welcome and encourage other websites to link to the information that is hosted on these pages, and you don’t have to ask permission to link to Museums at Night.
However, we don’t give you permission to suggest that your website is associated with, or endorsed by, Museums at Night.
Museums at Night contains many links to enable you to visit other websites of interest easily. We make every effort to ensure those websites are safe and suitable for your use. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the content or resources you view or use on other websites. We accept no responsibility for them or for any loss or damage that may arise from your use of them.
While we make every effort to keep Museums at Night up to date, we don’t provide any guarantees, conditions or warranties as to the accuracy of the information on the site. We recommend in particular that you check opening times and prices of venues, events and exhibitions before making special journeys to visit places.
We don’t accept liability for loss or damage incurred by users of the website, whether direct, indirect or consequential, whether caused by tort, breach of contract or otherwise, in connection with our site, its use, the inability to use, or results of the use of our site, any websites linked to it and any materials posted on it. This includes loss of:
- income or revenue
- profits or contracts
- anticipated savings
- tangible property
- wasted management or office time
This does not affect our liability for death or personal injury arising from our negligence, nor our liability for fraudulent misrepresentation or misrepresentation as to a fundamental matter, nor any other liability which cannot be excluded or limited under applicable law.
Information about you and your visits to Museums at Night
We make every effort to check and test material at all stages of production, however you must take your own precautions to ensure that the process which you employ for accessing this website does not expose you to the risk of viruses, malicious computer code or other forms of interference which may damage your own computer system.
We can’t accept any responsibility for any loss, disruption or damage to your data or your computer system which may occur whilst using material derived from this website.
Viruses, hacking and other offences
You must not misuse our site by knowingly introducing viruses, trojans, worms, logic bombs or other material which is malicious or technologically harmful. You must not attempt to gain unauthorised access to our site, the server on which our site is stored or any server, computer or database connected to our site. You must not attack our site via a denial-of-service attack or a distributed denial-of-service attack.
By breaching this provision, you would commit a criminal offence under the Computer Misuse Act 1990. We will report any such breach to the relevant law enforcement authorities and we will co-operate with those authorities by disclosing your identity to them.
These terms and conditions shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of England and Wales. Any dispute arising under these terms and conditions shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England and Wales.
We accept no liability for any failure to comply with these terms and conditions where such failure is due to circumstance beyond our reasonable control.
If we waive any rights available to us under these terms and conditions on one occasion, this does not means that those rights will automatically be waived on any other occasion.
If any of these terms and conditions are held to be invalid, unenforceable or illegal for any reason, the remaining terms and conditions shall nevertheless continue in full force.
Revisions to these terms
We may at any time revise these terms and conditions without notice. Please check these terms and conditions regularly, as continued use of the Museums at Night website after a change has been made is your acceptance of the change.
We collect certain information or data about you when you use Museums at Night.
- your email address if you send an email to Museums at Night
- your IP address, and details of which version of web browser you used
- information on how you use the site, using cookies and page tagging techniques to help us improve the website
This helps us to:
- improve the site by monitoring how you use it
- respond to any feedback you send us, if you’ve asked us to
We can’t personally identify you using your data.
Where your data is stored
We store your data on our secure servers in the UK, where it could be viewed by our staff or suppliers.
It may also be stored outside of Europe.
By submitting your personal data, you agree to this.
Keeping your data secure
Transmitting information over the internet is generally not completely secure, and we can’t guarantee the security of your data. Any data you transmit is at your own risk.
We have procedures and security features in place to try and keep your data secure once we receive it. We won’t share your information with any other organisations for marketing, market research or commercial purposes, and we don’t pass on your details to other websites.
Disclosing your information
You can find out what information we hold about you, and ask us not to use any of the information we collect.
Links to other websites
Museums at Night contains links to and from other websites.
Following a link to another website
Following a link to Museums at Night from another website
Connect! competition voters’ terms and conditions
By entering the competition voters hereby agree to be bound by these rules as amended from time to time, and by any competition instructions.
It is the responsibility of voters to keep themselves informed as to any updates of these rules, and they acknowledge that any failure to comply with these rules could lead to their disqualification without reasons being given or opportunity for challenge.
1.1 The general principle is fairness: entries or votes should be made or cast fairly. If, in the opinion of Culture24 this principle has been flouted, they can declare any entries or votes invalid, void the competition, change the competition instructions, or adjust the entries or the voting to achieve fairness, as they think fit. The competition instructions may carry a specific indication, but in the absence of such an indication, only one entry/ vote per entrant (or household, computer or other unit as appropriate) will be permitted.
1.2 The entrant is entitled to vote once for each artist in each poll. Any multiple votes from the same person will not be counted.
- Employees of Culture24 will not be eligible to participate in any competition.
3.1 Entries must be made in accordance with the competition instructions. They are invalid if they are received any later than the specified closing time (which shall be London date and time).
3.2 The competition will open on the morning of Friday 29th April and close at 8pm on Saturday 14th May 2016 and any votes cast after this time and date will not be counted.
- The winners will be chosen in accordance with the competition instructions.
- There will be no cash or other alternative to the prize offered and prizes are not transferable.
- Culture24 will not be liable for any circumstances beyond its reasonable control that prevent the competition being fulfilled, a winner or winners being chosen, or any prize being taken up or fully enjoyed by a winner. Culture24 excludes liability to the extent permitted by law for any cost, claims or losses howsoever caused that arise by reason of any person’s entry into a competition or the award, or non-award, to them of a prize.
8.1 Entrants will be asked to provide their email address before registering their vote.
8.3 By ticking the box marked ‘Want to win tickets for the event you’ve just voted for?’ the entrant is agreeing to Culture24 sharing their contact details with the specified venue.
- Winning venues will be announced on the Culture24 and Museums at Night websites.
Culture24 Competition Rules
1. No registration is required. Your details are kept on our system for the purpose of running the competition only.
2. The competition is open to UK residents only.
3. Winners will be selected at random from all the correct entries received. Only winners will be contacted by Culture24. If you win something we will notify you via e-mail or phone.
4. All prizes must be claimed within three months of receiving the notification after which you will be deemed to have forfeited your prize.
5. Prizes must be taken as stated, cannot be deferred and there will be no cash alternatives.
6. The closing date is as shown on the appropriate competition page of Culture24 and entries received after this date will not be accepted.
7. Culture24 do not accept any responsibility for late or lost entries.
8. Employees or contractors of Show Me and Culture24 or any person directly or indirectly involved with these organisations or the running of the competitions, and their direct family members cannot enter the competition.
9. Culture24’s decision is final in every situation including any not covered above and no correspondence will be entered into.
10. Culture24 reserves the right to cancel the competition, amend or waive the rules and disqualify any entry at any stage, if deemed necessary in their opinion and if circumstances arise outside of their control.
11. When entering competitions entrants are deemed to have accepted these rules and agree to be bound by them. Entrants must comply with all rules to be eligible for the prizes.
12. All competitions are free to enter. No purchase is necessary.
13. These rules are subject to English law and the exclusive jurisdiction of the English Courts.
If these Terms and Conditions are not accepted in full, the use of this site must be terminated immediately.
If you have questions about this site, its collection of information, and its online privacy statement, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org